Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Sunday, December 29, 2013
Sex Panter Cologne" a la anchorman for my brother in law and the little cord keepers I made that just about everyone got! I think the favorite gifts I received were my new camera lenses and camera bag, dodo case for my iPad, and the watch and sweater in this photo! Hope you're holiday was full of goodies too! What were your favorite gifts?
Friday, December 20, 2013
It's Christmas time! This is the first year (in 6 years of living together and 3 years of marriage) that I have gotten my shiznit together and am actually sending out Christmas Cards! I've been toiling away addressing them all and am anxiously awaiting the delivery of the cards I designed from the printer (it seems like it's taking forever and I'm worried they won't get here in time for xmas!) Everything else is ready so as soon as they come I'll be sliding them in the envelopes and they'll be out the door! But man my hand is tired from all this addressing!
From now until the new year I'll be taking some time off from the blog (everyone needs a vacation!) but I'll probably drop in a post here and there and will surely be filling up Instagram with lots of holiday photos! My plan is to give the website a much needed face lift over the next two weeks, so if all goes well, I'll ring in the new year with a new website! Happy Holidays everyone, I hope you'll be enjoying your family, friends, tasty treats and general holiday wonder as much as I will be!
Thursday, December 19, 2013
I wanted to share with you the latest "Love By Numbers" design! This one has a map of Bentley University in the background, the place where the Bride and Groom met for the first time! Check out the previous versions of "Love By Numbers." They are all custom designed for different couples, the perfect gift for a wedding, bridal shower, or even as a holiday gift after their wedding. They are in the store if you're wondering about pricing and process!
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Time to deck their walls! I'm a big fan of giving art as gifts. Many people fail to buy art for themselves, which is a shame because I really believe what is on the walls of a room can really make or break it. Above are some great pieces for men, women, babies, the art enthusiast, the wood worker, the car lover, and the chef!
- Gold Ice Cream Cones: I love these gold dipped ceramic ice cream cones, 3D pieces of art bring great dimension to any art display!
- Laser Cut Art: This is a great little art piece for the person who is into technology and graphics. the laser cut wood with color popping through is just so cool!
- Gems and Jewels Watercolor: Frame up these little cards for a lovely little art collection, for the lady who loves bling!
- Joinery Poster: This is a great piece of art for any wood worker or DIYer.
- Laser Cut Letters: The perfect piece of art for a baby's room! Alphabet prints are always great for a kids room, and this laser cut wood alphabet is a great take on a classic.
- Ford Blue Print: Perfect for the man ow women who loves cars! This is really a perfect Dad or Husband gift! The blueprint really elevates it to art instead of the standard car photo.
- Kilim Painting: Such a pretty watercolor pattern!
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
These leather cord keepers are a great last minute DIY Christmas gift! They are inexpensive and super easy! Each one only takes a couple minutes to make and you only need a handful of supplies. These make great gifts for the traveler and the person with more cords for their tech than they know what to do with! The full DIY is below:
Supplies & Tools:
- Heavy Duty Plier Kit for Snaps (you can get these at your local craft store they are about $20 and come with 5 sets of snaps)
- Exacto Blade
- Martha Stuart Hole Punch (Also at your local craft store. It's intended for paper but I decided to try it on leather and it works AMAZINGLY and is so much easier than leather hole punches that you have to hammer. My husband was glad to get a reprieve from the pounding!)
- Cut pieces of leather 1in x 3.5in (this size works best for smaller cords, if you need them for larger cords, I would go for 2in x 6in and add another set of snaps)
- Punch holes in the pattern shown above, use the medium sized punch for the ends and the small punch for the holes in the middle
- Cut a line connecting the smaller holes as shown
- Using the punch pliers, follow the directions that come with the Pliers to attach the snaps, it's pretty strait forward.
- Cut the ends of the leather to have a nice rounded shape.
- Thread the bundled cord through the straps and snap them together!
Monday, December 16, 2013
Some gift ideas for classy and fashion conscious ladies! Clothes can be a tough item to pick out for someone, so here are some great alternatives that will make any fashionista smile!
1. Velvet Clutch: Adorable for any outing, a wedding or a nice bar, I'm obsessed with this bag.
2. Paper Fashion Print: This is an x-coworker of mine, she is so super talented, one of her fashion illustrations would make a lovely addition to the walls of any home!
3. Perfume Roller: This little perfume roller can be filled with their signature scent and kept in her purse. It's one of the prettiest perfume rollers I've ever seen!
4. Lovely Heels: What can I say about these? Fabulous!
5. Brass Colored Pencil Holder: The loveliest pencil holder of all time! Perfect to hold the pencils for anything from writing notes to doing a little fashion sketch of their own!