Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Home DIY: Ikea Mirror Hack

I think this is the last DIY project from our guest room that I had yet to post. It's a quick and easy project, just a coat of spray paint really. I've seen fun and  inexpensive ornate mirrors everywhere lately, in Target, Ikea, Walmart, etc, (mine is from Ikea) but they are almost always black or white and have a plasticy look about them. An easy way to make them look more expensive and unique is to spray paint them. As unique and really trend relevant colors can be hard to find in your local hardware store, whenever I need unusual colors, I buy them from Utrecht, They have a huge selection. To make sure it looks as rich as possible, always use a primer spray paint first, then multiple light coats of your colored spraypaint, and finally finish it off with a clear enamel coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment