Wednesday, July 24, 2013

HOME: Subtle Nautical Details

1. rope stairs   2. berth style bunk beds   3. jellyfish art   4. octopus chandelier   5. ship wood wall
6.  beachy living room   7. rope decorative accents   8. nautical kitchen island

My grandmother was a beach babe through and through. She could spend every day sitting on the beach, with her toes in the sand, making drip sand castles and collecting sea shells. Those are my favorite memories of her, on the beach "tanning her wrinkled curtain skin" as she would always say. Typically, I'm not really a fan of nautical decor, but because of my Mommom, it will always have a special place in my heart. I love it when it's done in a subtle and subdued way, worked into other non-nautical decor. These are some images that embody elements that I love about nautical decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment