Friday, September 6, 2013

HAND LETTERING: Dreams Don't Work Unless You Do


Since I started Wouldn't it be Lovely about two years ago, I've been working my little butt off. I have a full time footwear design job, I work on weddings and other events that come my way, all while blogging daily. Meanwhile, I also take time to live and enjoy my life to the fullest. I've been asked by people where I find the time to do everything and the answer is, I'm working constantly. As a designer, you are always creating, I'm thinking about ideas for blog posts, decor, and wedding invitations when I'm showering, driving my car, or grocery shopping. Basically, inspiration is EVERYWHERE. I don't just sit and relax. When I take time to "relax" and watch some TV, I'm on Pinterest and doing research at the same time or sketching in my notebook. But you know what? I love every single crazy minute. The busier I am, the more creative I become. Once you start creating, its hard to stop, and new ideas grow out of ones you've used up. So, work hard, and maybe your dream will come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment