Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Travel: Moscow, Russia


So I'm back from my quick trip to Russia. It was very much like what I expected and at the same time, not what I expected at all. Winter in Moscow is grey. Very grey. The architecture was not at all what I expected. The city center is really amazingly beautiful, and the architecture is a lovely mix of styles, and  Red Square is pretty amazing. I missed a crazy protest in Red Square by just one day (it would have been a crazy story to have seen that!). I bought myself a beautiful set of Russian nesting dolls which are now living among with my other travel nick-nacks. I just have to say a little something about all these pictures too:

  1. Saint Basil's Cathedral: thats me, I really cant get over how cool this Church is, I just love all the detail and color.
  2. The buildings in Red Square are amazing, just look at that brick work! 
  3. So I had to snap this pic, you can see a little rainbow hidden in the mural on that building. I like to think it's a little gay pride despite all the persecution going on there at the moment. 
  4. I love the lamp posts on this street, I also love wide walkways like this where no cars are allowed. You never find streets like this in America, a place catering completely to pedestrians. 
  5. Me and a co-worker getting a pic with Stalin and Lenin looks alikes, just because it's ridiculous that there are people dressing up to make money from tourists like us.
  6. Spotted this man walking his dog with his itty bitty kitten sitting on his head. 
  7. My perdy new nesting dolls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment