Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DIY: Chalkboard Globe


Chalkboard paint is the best. It just makes everything more fun! I had my Moms (Chris's and Mine), who are both teachers, search their schools for old unused globes. I thought they could be fun projects. I started with the one that has a nice metal frame and decided to make it into a place where Chris and I could write notes to each other, and it would make a nice prop for wedding photos, as you'll see on Thursday's post! It was a super easy project, only taking about an hour, I taped up the metal frame and pulled out the trusty chalkboard paint and a brush and had at it. I did three coats to be safe and make sure you couldn't see the brush strokes. I love how it came out. Now, the question is, what fun things can I do with the second globe!?

No comments:

Post a Comment