Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It's My Birthday!



It's my birthday today! WOOHOO! I'm turning 28, which means it's only two little years until I'll be 30! For some reason, this birthday I have been thinking about the things I have accomplished, experienced, and seen, as well as all the things I have yet to do. 
I am fortunate enough to have  fallen in love with my best friend and high school sweetheart and get married at 25, we just bought our first house this year, have two crazy dogs, great families, friends and jobs.  I started my own business and blog doing what I love. I've been lucky enough to travel all over the world for work and for pleasure. I've seen almost every big city in Europe, been to a large part of Asia, visited many of the biggest and best destinations the US has to offer, and more. I've been sky diving, white water rafting, horseback riding, rock climbing, surfing, and cliff diving. This year I did my first pull up and lifted 150lbs over my head by doing crossfit.  As I look back at all these things, I realize just how fortunate I am and how much I have to look forward to. This little montage I made displays just a couple things I'd like to do before I turn 30. I'm generally not a fan of the "bucket list", it tends to put too much pressure on doing thing within a certain timeline, so I look at this as more of a wish list for the next couple years. That being said, setting goals and making plans allows you to realize how blessed you are, and how much the world has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment