Friday, August 2, 2013

Asia Travel Part Two: Ho Chi Mihn and Fuzhou

Today is My first full day in Thailand! Horrah! Chris and I met up in Bangkok yesterday and are ready to explore! Last week I finished up my time in Ho Chi Mihn, Vietnam, and spent four days in Fuzhou, China. It's funny when you're working in a foreign city how little of it you sometimes see. In Hi Chi Mihn, we're right in the center of the city and it's easy to get around, and there is so much to see. The buildings are colorful and interesting, so different from what you see in the US or Europe. You still have to be careful of course, one of the girls I'm traveling with got mugged by a man on a scooter and was dragged down the street a bit. She's banged up but overall alright. Just goes to show that you always need to be on your guard.

Fuzhou on the other hand, is not a photogenic city. There are two extremes here, what seems like hundreds of identical brand new sky rises that are mostly uninhabited, and dilapidated old buildings that are packed with people. Every picture I took during the day just looked like a wash of grey. Grey sky, grey river, grey roads, grey buildings. At night, it's a different story, in the nice parts of the city, everything is awash in bright colorful lights and the unsightly parts of the city seem to disappear into the shadows. I may be giving Fuzhou a hard time, I didn't get out much when I was there, besides dinner (which was delicious) and driving to the factory, I did not see much of the city. Lets just say I'm happy to be on the the fun part of this trip, I'll check in soon with an update from Thailand! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment